Take a Minute for Your Mental Health and for Others
Are you starting to feel a little bit more stress or anxiety lately? Have you seen signs from some of your family, friends, co-workers, peers, and others? Maybe, it’s time to take a mental health day or leverage some resources to support your mental health needs.
As part of the Integrity Marketing Group, AIP Marketing Alliance is advocating Mental Health Awareness Month throughout May by aligning with this year’s theme of “Every day is a mental health day.” The goal of Mental Health Awareness Month is to increase knowledge and end the stigma surrounding mental health.
Each Integrity employee received an email with mental health resources this week, including a Mental Health Checkup flyer, an Emotional Quotient (EQ) Assessment flyer, a Mental Health Awareness Activity Calendar, and a “Know the Signs” flyer to test mental health IQ and learn about 5 red flags that can alert employees when someone may need help. AIPMA’s staff also has access to free counseling sessions as needed.
With that in mind, AIPMA also wants to pay it forward to our blog readers by passing along some ways you can review your mental health and some resources available to help you and others throughout May and going forward on a daily basis.
- Take an online mental health screening. Multiple websites offer this service, but you also are encouraged to seek professional help or connect with your loved ones to talk about ways they can support you.
- Do some research. The internet provides a variety of options, including mental health podcasts, newsletters, and apps. You also can purchase some books online. According to GoodGoodGood, some suggested examples include “Reasons To Stay Alive” by Matt Haig, “Burnout: The Secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle” by Emily Nagoski, and “I Thought It Was Just Me (But It Isn’t)” by Brene Brown.
- Dedicate more time to self-care. What helps eliminate stress? What makes you happy? How can you improve your self-care? Develop some ideas through apps, journaling, meditating, and affirmations.
- Volunteer time in the community. Whether you support a mental health organization or a local charitable effort, take some time to give back and clear your mind by doing something good for others.
- Get help. Find a therapist or counselor to discuss your thoughts, challenges, and needs, so they can provide feedback and help you through tough times.
- Call someone. Take a break from the grind and call a loved one, a family member, or a friend to talk about life, its challenges, and how to resolve them. You never know when someone you love may need that call as much as you do.
Former First Lady Michelle Obama probably says it best in her famous quote on mental health. “We would never tell someone with a broken leg that they should stop wallowing and get it together. We don’t consider taking medication for an ear infection something to be ashamed of. We shouldn’t treat mental health conditions any differently.”
AIPMA’s team hopes you will share some of these ideas and resources as mental health and self-care have become a very sensitive, but necessary topic that affects all of our daily lives. On that note, we also are sharing the contact information below as a resource.
- Emergency Medical Services Phone: 911
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 988 or https://988lifeline.org/
- Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741 or visit https://www.crisistextline.org/
For this blog, we will sign off like NBC Nightly News Anchor Lester Holt does every evening at 6:59 p.m. – “Take care of yourself and each other.”
Latest PostsMORE in ’24: Looking to Recruit New Agents This Year?February 2024 Integrity Acquires Integrity.com and Further Innovates Insurance Through Their Technology Suite of SolutionsFebruary 2024 Why Agents and Wholesalers Love AIP Marketing AllianceFebruary 2024
TagsIra Protective Lincoln Financial Group Disability_Insurance American Equity Nafa Tax Season Fixed Annuity Holiday Myaip Securian Financial Secure Act Fixed Indexed Annuity Foresters Financial Permanent Life Insurance Legal And General Indexed Universal Life Retirement Planning Annuity Drop Ticket Insurance Fraud Tips Final Expense Iul Equitrust Long_Term_Care Financial Planning Term Life Insurance Myga Nationwide North American Aipma Web Meetings Integrity Life_Insurance Taxes Social Media Women Wink Transamerica Carriers Medicare_Supplements Webinars Fidelity Guaranty Life Job Posting Ringcentral Roth Ira Limra Leads Mental Health Regional Director Global Atlantic Corebridge Financial Culture Regulations Open Enrollment Charity
2041 E. Square Lake Road, Suite 100, Troy, Michigan 48085-3897
For more than 40 years, AIP Marketing Alliance (AIPMA), an Integrity Company, serves as a premier life insurance and annuity distribution partner to provide full-service support to independent wholesalers, brokerages and agents from our Troy, Michigan office. NOT AFFILIATED WITH OR ENDORSED BY THE GOVERNMENT OR THE MEDICARE PROGRAM. Copyright 2024