Save the Date – Ed Slott Talks Planning for the End of the Stretch IRA
AIP Marketing Alliance has scheduled an exclusive, one-hour session with Ed Slott, CPA, to discuss “Planning for the End of the Stretch IRA” where he will discuss critical issues that must be addressed to protect the largest IRAs and how life insurance and/or annuities provide a replacement plan.
This AIPMA limited-seating engagement with Ed Slott is scheduled for Thursday, February 25, from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. EST. Pre-registration is required, and you can sign up by clicking here.
The SECURE Act has eliminated the stretch IRA for many beneficiaries, and clients will need solutions. Every IRA and company plan is affected, and the largest IRAs will need immediate attention.
Financial advisors have an opportunity to provide valuable planning strategies needed now by clients with retirement accounts. The advice you share now can impact the clients and their families for years, decades, and generations.
The new post-death payout rules for retirement accounts need to be addressed now because they are already in effect and could have a significant negative tax impact on the plans your clients have made for their retirement savings.
The good news is that there are alternative solutions that can put clients’ savings in a better position, providing larger inheritances, with more control and less tax. One of the better options is to use cash value life insurance in place of the traditional stretch IRA plan. This is the “The Life Insurance Replacement Plan.”
Annuities can also play an important role in retirement income planning.
Learn how to explain the issues and the solutions to clients so that they will act and create better plans with you for their families.
- How to identify the clients that will need to update their IRA estate plans
- Why most IRA trusts won’t work anymore
- Why Roth IRA conversions are more valuable than ever before
- Why life insurance provides the better estate plan after the SECURE ACT
- How annuities can be used as alternative planning solutions
- How to create a plan that works best for any size IRA
- How to use all the tools in your advisor toolbox to get results!
Outline of Key Points
- The SECURE Act – Effective NOW!
- Planning for the end of the Stretch IRA
- How the new post-death IRA rules work
- The 100% RMD problem
- How to identify clients most at risk
- The IRA Trust Problem – Why they won’t work anymore, and what to do about it
- Impact on IRA trusts
- The control problem
- The trust tax problem
- The 3 key objectives for a successful estate plan – and how to get them!
- Life insurance as a solution – Why Life Insurance is the New Stretch IRA
- Replacing IRAs with life insurance as the primary vehicle for funding the estate plan
- The life insurance replacement plan – How it works
- Estate planning advantages of life insurance over IRAs
- How to add lifetime income planning with annuities to your advisor toolkit
- How to explain this to clients, so they understand what’s at stake – and take action to update their plan with you
Again, AIPMA is hosting this limited-seating engagement with Ed Slott on Thursday, February 25, from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. EST. Pre-registration is required, and you can sign up by clicking here.
Ed Slott, CPA, America’s IRA Expert, is a nationally recognized speaker, television personality & best-selling author known for his unparalleled ability to turn advanced tax strategies into understandable, actionable, and entertaining advice.
Named “The Best Source for IRA Advice” by The Wall Street Journal, he is the go-to resource for media, regularly providing insight on breaking news affecting retirement and tax planning laws and strategies.
Mr. Slott is a Professor of Practice at The American College of Financial Services and has been recognized by leading industry organizations for his significant thought leadership and contributions. He is one of the top pledge drivers of all time with his popular public television specials, the creator of Ed Slott’s Elite IRA Advisor Group℠ , and most recently published The New Retirement Savings Time Bomb: How to Take Financial Control, Avoid Unnecessary Taxes and Combat the Latest Threats to Your Retirement Savings (Penguin Random House, 2021). Ultimately, through all of these efforts combined, Mr. Slott has taught millions of Americans (and their financial professionals) how to get the most out of their retirement savings.
By Ed Slott and Company, LLC, Copyright © 2021
Latest PostsMORE in ’24: Looking to Recruit New Agents This Year?February 2024 Integrity Acquires Integrity.com and Further Innovates Insurance Through Their Technology Suite of SolutionsFebruary 2024 Why Agents and Wholesalers Love AIP Marketing AllianceFebruary 2024
TagsMental Health Drop Ticket Leads Integrity Aipma Foresters Financial Transamerica Financial Planning Regional Director Retirement Planning Medicare_Supplements Fidelity Guaranty Life American Equity Permanent Life Insurance Tax Season Fixed Indexed Annuity Insurance Fraud Charity Protective Nafa Ringcentral Secure Act Regulations Legal And General Iul Myaip Roth Ira Job Posting Nationwide North American Wink Disability_Insurance Limra Taxes Culture Open Enrollment Ira Life_Insurance Carriers Securian Financial Equitrust Fixed Annuity Tips Web Meetings Holiday Global Atlantic Social Media Women Indexed Universal Life Term Life Insurance Myga Annuity Lincoln Financial Group Final Expense Webinars Long_Term_Care Corebridge Financial
2041 E. Square Lake Road, Suite 100, Troy, Michigan 48085-3897
For more than 40 years, AIP Marketing Alliance (AIPMA), an Integrity Company, serves as a premier life insurance and annuity distribution partner to provide full-service support to independent wholesalers, brokerages and agents from our Troy, Michigan office. NOT AFFILIATED WITH OR ENDORSED BY THE GOVERNMENT OR THE MEDICARE PROGRAM. Copyright 2024