Help Your Clients Prepare for Tax Season!
As the old adage states, two things are guaranteed in life, death and taxes, and you may want to help prepare them for both in 2022.
Let’s start with the one that no one wants to talk about (death), but more people have on their radar due to the last two years of the COVID-19 pandemic. You can discuss how life insurance, annuities, and final expense insurance can leave a legacy for their loved ones or even a charity plus cover any final expenses (bills, funerals, etc.).
AIP Marketing Alliance, an Integrity company, is contracted with more than 60 top-rated carriers available through AIPMA to independent life insurance wholesalers and agents nationwide. We also have access to multiple life insurance quoting tools, hybrid products (life/long-term care), carriers with accelerated underwriting, and life insurance options to compare and explain during your appointment to help your clients make an educated decision about choosing term or permanent life insurance products.
Now the second one (taxes) is probably not as easy to talk about since most insurance agents and financial advisors are not qualified to provide tax advice. Most of your clients consult with a tax advisor separately, so they can make decisions based on a licensed tax professional’s guidance.
While AIPMA is not qualified to give tax advice, our team wanted to pass along a couple of resources to share with your clients to discuss with their tax professional. The links below contain some 2022 tax-related documentation to assist in their decision making for this year.
- 2022 Tax Reference Guide – This document covers: Employer plan/IRA contributions; Employer plan/IRA distributions; life expectancy; LTC/ACA; 2021 Income tax rates; 2022 income tax rates; additional income tax information; and estate, gift, and corporate taxes.
- 2022 Social Security Quick Guide – This document covers: Full Retirement Age (FRA); Primary Insurance Amount (PIA) computation; Delayed Retirement Credits (DRCs); Individual – Early Collection - % of PIA collectible; Spousal – Early Collection - % of PIA collectible; Work credits; and the last 10 Cost-of-Living Adjustments (COLA); spousal and survivor benefit eligibility; and information for people who are receiving Social Security benefits.
- 2022 Fingertip Tax Guide – This document covers 2022 tax changes related to individual income taxes, transfer taxes, business taxes, retirement contribution limits, and more. Please note that under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) of 2017, many of the provisions that affect individual taxpayers are set to expire at the end of 2025, reverting to pre-TCJA law.
- 2022 Estate Planning Client Guide – This document covers the steps needed to create an estate plan, including: why create an estate plan; wealth transfer costs; basic estate planning tools; estate planning through gifting; irrevocable life insurance trusts; sophisticated planning options; estate planning and the family business; charitable planning, and the role of life insurance.
- Tax Diversification Guide – This document covers tax-deferred growth, how taxes impact growth, investment options, why tax diversification is important, and what life insurance can do for consumers.
- IRA and Tax Tables 2022 – You can view multiple tables including: Roth IRA Contributions Quick Fact Sheet; 2022 IRA Contribution Levels; 2022 Roth IRA Eligibility; 2022 Traditional IRA Deductions; 2022 Roth IRA Conversion Eligibility; 2022 SEP IRA Contribution Levels; 2022 Federal Tax Brackets; 2022 Federal Estate Tax Levels; 2022 Generation-Skipping (GST) Tax; 2022 Annual Gift Tax Exclusion; and 2022 IRA Minimum Distribution Tables.
As stated above, and in the disclaimer below, AIP Marketing Alliance is providing these links for informational and educational purposes only. We are not tax professionals. Please have your clients consult with a tax professional before making decisions. If you have any questions, you can contact our Business Development team at (800) 783-5206 Press #2 or email@example.com.
This information is a general discussion of the relevant federal tax laws provided to promote ideas that may benefit a taxpayer. It is not intended for, nor can it be used by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding federal tax penalties. Taxpayers should seek the advice of their own advisors regarding any tax and legal issues specific to their situation. This is a general communication for informational and educational purposes. The materials and the information are not designed, or intended, to be applicable to any person’s individual circumstances. It should not be considered investment advice, nor does it constitute a recommendation that anyone engage in (or refrain from) a particular course of action.
Latest PostsSales Idea: Help Clients Navigate Market Volatility in Retirement with Permanent Life InsuranceJune 2022 Wink Reports First Quarter Annuity, Life Insurance SalesJune 2022 Experiencing FOMO with AIPMA’s LinkedIn Newsletter? Subscribe Today!June 2022
TagsJob Posting Annuity Medicare_Supplements Term Life Insurance Webinars Open Enrollment Myaip Limra Social Media Tickit Genworth North American Protective Holiday Retirement Planning Coronavirus Covid 19 Fidelity Guaranty Life Final Expense Tips Drop Ticket Nafa Web Meetings Lincoln Financial Group Insurance Fraud Life_Insurance Women Charity Aig Transamerica Long_Term_Care Covid19 Nationwide Integrity Foresters Financial Fixed Indexed Annuity Tax Season Bestow Financial Planning Ira Roth Ira Disability_Insurance Fixed Annuity Integrity Marketing Group Regional Director Legal And General American Equity Global Atlantic Equitrust Wink Aipma Carriers Permanent Life Insurance Secure Act Culture Securian Financial Regulations Senior Health Shop Working From Home Taxes Myga
2041 E. Square Lake Road, Suite 100, Troy, Michigan 48085-3897
For more than 40 years, AIP Marketing Alliance (AIPMA) serves as a premier life insurance and annuity distribution partner to provide full-service support to independent wholesalers, brokerages and agents from our Troy, Michigan office. Copyright 2022