Disability Insurance Awareness Month 2023: For Anyone Who Works
Each May, the insurance industry comes together to do something about the enormous gap that exists between Americans’ need for disability insurance and the actual coverage they have.
Life Happens created and coordinates Disability Insurance Awareness Month (DIAM) because disability insurance is arguably the most misunderstood of all major insurances. But it doesn’t have to be. You can help educate your clients and prospects about this vital product. Together, we can help more people get the coverage they need!
The DIAM theme this year is: Disability Insurance: For Anyone Who Works
- Do you have a job and depend on your paycheck? Then you probably need disability insurance. The truth is, disability insurance is for anyone who works.
- It’s really as simple as that. Whether you’re a salaried or hourly employee, freelancer, or business owner, you rely on your income. Think of disability insurance as protection for your ability to earn a living. Get insurance for your income today.
Why is Disability Insurance Important?
- According to the Social Security Administration, one in four of today’s 20-year-olds will become disabled at some point in their career.
- In 2022, over half (53%) of consumers said they needed DI coverage, and 22% said they intended to buy DI coverage in the next year. *
- Half (49%) of consumers indicated their households would face financial hardship in 6 months or less.*
- 24% of consumers say they would turn to their retirement savings should a disability befall them.*
- LIMRA research shows the majority of consumers have no insurance against a disability and would need to tap into other sources of financial assistance, which threatens their long-term financial goals.*
*Source: 2022 Insurance Barometer Study, LIMRA and Life Happens
Real Life Stories by Life Happens are emotional narratives that show why disability insurance is key when an illness or injury keeps someone out of work. New DIAM content this May includes “A Decade Later with Mike Sizemore.” You can read more about his incredible story, watch Mike’s video Q&A, and share this page with your clients and prospects as part of your DI campaign.
AIP Marketing Alliance is contracted with disability insurance carriers, and we can assist you in promoting disability insurance benefits to your clients. Contact AIPMA’s Business Development team at (800) 783-5206 Press #2 or email@example.com for more information on our carriers, products, and sales support materials, including a library of DIAM social media graphics. You can also learn more about disability insurance by visiting AIPMA’s Disability Insurance page.
Latest PostsMORE in ’24: Looking to Recruit New Agents This Year?February 2024 Integrity Acquires Integrity.com and Further Innovates Insurance Through Their Technology Suite of SolutionsFebruary 2024 Why Agents and Wholesalers Love AIP Marketing AllianceFebruary 2024
TagsNafa Medicare_Supplements Aipma Integrity Job Posting Tax Season Global Atlantic Indexed Universal Life Open Enrollment Protective Fixed Indexed Annuity Leads Retirement Planning Equitrust Corebridge Financial Lincoln Financial Group Long_Term_Care Securian Financial Legal And General Regional Director Web Meetings Tips Disability_Insurance Annuity Secure Act Ringcentral Roth Ira Culture Financial Planning Carriers Drop Ticket Holiday Limra Wink Ira Regulations Nationwide Final Expense North American Transamerica Social Media Mental Health American Equity Taxes Iul Fidelity Guaranty Life Webinars Myaip Life_Insurance Foresters Financial Insurance Fraud Women Permanent Life Insurance Fixed Annuity Myga Term Life Insurance Charity
2041 E. Square Lake Road, Suite 100, Troy, Michigan 48085-3897
For more than 40 years, AIP Marketing Alliance (AIPMA), an Integrity Company, serves as a premier life insurance and annuity distribution partner to provide full-service support to independent wholesalers, brokerages and agents from our Troy, Michigan office. NOT AFFILIATED WITH OR ENDORSED BY THE GOVERNMENT OR THE MEDICARE PROGRAM. Copyright 2024